London Summer - Entry 2

Hello Everyone,

I have been in London for 1 week and it has been an amazing experience so far, and I am so excited to see what the next 2 weeks has to offer. I have spent the past week exploring Lacock Abby, Salisbury Cathedral, and many other beautiful places. I loved getting to the small town of Lacock because it all looked like it was from an old movie. While in Lacock, I got to see some of the sites used for filming a number of Harry Potter scenes such as the potions room and Harry Potter's parents' house. Our class got to see "Comedy of Errors" at Shakespeare's Globe which was hilarious, entertaining, and a little emotional at the end. 

Lacock Abby - 06/09/2023
This was taken outside Lacock Abbey, and I was drawn to it because of the symmetry of the two staircases which enter into the abbey. 

Salisbury Cathedral - 06/10/2023
The Cathedral tour was the highlight of my day because of the amazing and intricate architecture. I chose this photo because of the unique angle. I like how you can see the stained glass. I also think the height of the structure is emphasized as the photo was taken looking up towards the ceiling. 

Lacock Abbey - 06/09/2023
This is another image taken at Lacock Abbey which I was drawn to because of the lovely symmetry. The ceilings of the abbey were so different from places I'm used to seeing. 

Lacock Church - 06/09/2023
This was taken outside Lacock church, and I was drawn to it because of the medieval European architecture style. I feel like I was transported back in time when I got to walk through these old structures. 

Salisbury Cathedral - 06/10/2023
This was taken outside of Salisbury's Cathedral, and I personally love it because just from the photo you can see the unreal height and intricacy of the structure. For me, it was an amazing sight, one which does not fully translate to a photo.
 

Here are my "Best of" photos. These are pictures that I love and that stood out to me. 

Rose Gardens Regent Park - 06/11/2023
During my walk through Regents Park, I got the chance to capture this lovely photo of some roses. The entire Garden smelled like flowers!

Lacock - 06/09/2023
During our walk around Lacock, we saw many beautiful homes and shops. This one stood out to me because of the gorgeous flowers and plants growing around it. 

I have loved my time in London, and I can't wait to share more photos with all of you!

Comments

  1. Hi Cordelia, let me just say all of these photos are great and would love to see you put them in your portfolio. I love how you were able to capture different angles of designs of The Abbey, Salisburys Cathedral, and it really shows us the beautiful European architecture. Within the 'best of' photos the one that stood out the most to me was the home/shop with the window and the beautiful flowers and vines growing around it. I believe this photo could definitely be a potential photo in your portfolio as well. Because it shows the unique style and loveliness of what the little Lacock Abbey town has to offer.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

London Summer - Entry 5

London Summer - Entry 1

London Summer - Entry 4