London Summer - Entry 1

Hello Everyone,

I have officially been in London for 4 days and it has been unreal. We got the opportunity to explore the Tower of London, Brunswick Centre, the British Museum, and a theatre on the west end along with so many other amazing attractions. My personal favorite would have to be the time I spent at the Tower of London. The Beefeater who guided our tour was hilarious and a great storyteller and I loved learning about the history of the tower. Below are some of my favorite photos that I got to take during my travels. 

Street art tour - Graffiti Tunnel - 06/05/2023
I wanted to capture an angle where the tunnel follows a line into the light. 

Spitalfields Market - 06/05/2023
This was taken during our time exploring Spitalfields Market. I like this image as it implements the concept of using lines to lead the eyes down the street. 
Along the River Thames - 06/05/2023
Exploring the attractions along the river Thames such as Big Ben and the London Eye was surreal. I captured this image because I liked how the eyes travel along the path left by the red buses.  

Street Art Tour - 06/05/2023
This was also taken during the street art tour. This follows a similar idea to the others; the eyes follow the graffiti art down the street. 

Russel Sqaure Park - 06/04/2023
This was taken during a walk through Russel Sqaure. I took this picture with the concept of filling the frame. I like how the branches expand past the lens giving the idea that the tree is full.

 My "Best of" pictures

For my "best of" images, I focused on pictures of places that I personally loved exploring. 
Tower of London - 06/05/2023
While exploring the White Tower, I got to see this unique statue of a dragon. I really loved the various different objects put together to construct it.  
Big Ben - 06/05/2023
This was taken outside Big Ben, I love the golden colors coming from Big Ben. 
These are just a few of the photos that I have taken so far. I am excited to add to it as we continue through the weeks. 

Look forward to seeing more of London!


 

Comments

  1. Hi Cordelia, I loved reading your introduction post and getting to know you a little better. First I would say all of the pictures of the potential 5 photos for the portfolio is good but the picture in Russel Square of the tree is my favorite. And I also liked how you used the concept of "filling the frame" for this one, which we learned in class which is really cool. The pictures taken in Spitalfield, and along the River Thames I enjoyed because it feels like I am exploring the city with you. I also loved the 'best of pictures' because it shows a little but of your personality and what you have enjoyed so far in week one. Good job and I can't wait to see what else is in store for you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

London Summer - Entry 5

London Summer - Entry 4